December 1st started off as a quiet, overcast, chilly day here in Wisconsin. A day that Bailey and Cody had been waiting for, for years and years. You see they got engaged over 2 years ago, and wanted to plan the most perfect day, and seriously, this day did not disappoint! They contacted me over two years ago to sit down and plan out and talk weddings. At the time, Bailey had heard of me from another one of my Ashlea Snell Brides and she said she saw one single photo from Brittany’s wedding and knew she wanted me! (cue the tears!) I was so so honored. Last year around this time we met up and I shot their engagement sessions at UWSP which was so sentimental because this is where they met and ended up falling in love. After a break when Cody left to go to china a bit into the time they were dating, Bailey thought it was done, and she thought the guy she loved and knew she was supposed to marry was gone for good. Thankfully, he came back and they were smooth sailing into the next stage of their life which included getting engaged and then getting married!
I arrived at Sentry World on Saturday and all the girls had their gorgeous black dresses on, and they were so so gorgeous. As I scanned around the room I finally found Bailey. MY SOUL. I don’t think words can describe how gorgeous she was. Her hair and makeup looked perfect. So perfect, I knew that just at a glance Cody would just have tears streaming down his face (and he did!!)
We got to the University Center later that afternoon, and it was time to get these two married. With a beautiful scene in the Alumni room at the University, everyone stood as Bailey walked down the isle with her custom 8 foot long train and her 15 foot long veil. Cody lost it. Such sweet tears, and so many happy smiles as she walked down. Her dad lifted her veil up, and kissed her and gave Cody a hug and Bailey’s hand. This was such a precious moment. Their good friend officiated for them, as it was only right because he was with them when they first started dating! He talked about animal sacrifices (it made sense, and was super cute I promise!) and how perfect these two are for each other. Yes, both of them stared at each other with soft eyes as they were committing their forever vows.
We finished the day out at Sentry with a gorgeous set up of black, white and silver and a beautiful cake designed by the awesome Zest Bakery in Stevens Point! It was such a wonderful day with these two, and I’m so thrilled I was a part. I love you Bailey and Cody! I am so so thrilled for you two, and so honored you chose me to capture your perfect day!! <3
HUGE shout out to some incredible vendors that made this gorgeous day happen!!
- Dress: Designer- Justin Alexander
- Place of purchase- Victorian Bridal
- Florist: Fawn Mueller // Inspired by Nature Fine Floral Design
- Ceremony Venue: UW-Stevens Point Alumni Room (located in the Dreyfus University Center)
- Reception Venue: SentryWorld Grand Hall
- DJ/Entertainment: Yo DJ Entertainment
- Cake: Zest Bakery & Coffeehouse
- Bridesmaids dresses: Designer- Morilee by Madeline Gardner Victorian Bridal
- Groom and Groomsmen attire: DuBois Formalwear and Nedrebo’s Formalwear
- Invitations: Custom order from CarlsonCraft
- Favors: Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles in clear, square gift boxes
- Other vendors: Hair by Salon Envy in Stevens Point, Main stylist- Mataya Saindon Make-up: Anagen 11 Salon in Appleton, Main stylist- Kate Collar
- Calligrapher: Mikayla Schultz
add a comment